Are you familiar with Stephens College? Have you visited or attended the college? If so, please share your impressions. Share Your Thoughts
Stephens alum - 1948-1949
- I attended Stephens in 1948-1949 and it was a wonderful experience. It had a major effect on my life since then. I tell everyone, if you are able, go to Stephens College, it will enrich your life.
- —Guest Patricia Arch Jacobs
Strong Stephens Women
- Everything my fellow Stephens sisters said is true. I am a product of full Stephens education; I’m not just speaking from the academic standpoint. I learned what being a strong ambitious self-reliant woman is all about during my time at Stephens. I was taught that the only person who can tell you “no” is you and that the sky is the limit. I can’t say enough about the support system that I had while I was attending Stephens College- only that it’s grown exponentially via the incredible alumnae network. Anytime you meet a Stephens woman you automatically know that she has what it takes to be a success.
- —Guest Karith
I Would Choose Stephens Again
- It cannot be said enough just how awesome Stephens College was and is. My sister and I both graduated Stephens…and yes, we are true Susies…and proud about it. . This is the twinkle in the eye that was spoken of earlier! Majoring in Art and Psychology, I enjoyed collegiate volleyball and softball. Leadership development was so prevalent…. seems that everyone was a leader, which is why we all soared together! Campus life was so peaceful and was quite a party at times. Nonetheless…we knew how to crack down, study all night…in big groups…and make it happen where the rubber met the road! Although a 24 year alum…I still dream of the wonderful times we shared. When something remains in your psyche with such clarity…you gotta know it was amazing. If I had to choose all over again…I would still choose Stephens! Our daughters who are now seniors in high school visited last year. One was excited about the prospect…the other said, “Mom, this is your school, not mine.” I hope she’ll change her mind
- —Guest Sherri
A Satisfied Current Student
- I am a current Stephens student and let me just tell anyone reading this article and the rest of these comments that everything is true. Stephens is a great place full of wonderful, fun women. The teacher’s are wonderful and you really feel like a family. I’m a theatre major and I will tell you, just because you don’t have to audition to get into the program right away does not mean that we aren’t good. We are a group of hard working women and we will succeed in the future. Stephens is a great choice for any woman that wants a group of lifelong friends and a good education. P.S. You really don’t miss the boys that much. MU has a ton of them and they’re just right down the street.
- —Guest Erin
Nearly 30 Years Later, Still Great
- My decision to attend Stephens was one of the best I ever made. The small classes, dedicated faculty, awesome alumnae and exciting curriculum challenged and inspired me. I graduated in only 3 years and was well launched in a professional career. I now work at one of the largest and most respected companies in my field. Nearly 30 years after I graduated, my freshman roommate remains my closest and dearest friend. Stephens gave me confidence that has carried me through all these years, and I’m hoping to send my daughters there, too!
- —Guest Susan, class of '81
Mother and Daughter
- I had a wonderful two years at Stephens and my daughter gained so much from the two summers she attended the Summer Film Institue. She’s in LA for a semester and still reaping the benefits. I do miss the colorful Missouri fall and real snow.
- —Guest Annette
Stephens the Best Decision I Made
- Choosing Stephens for my undergraduate education was quite literally one of the best decisions I ever made. The residential environment, intimate class sizes and cultural opportunities were all outstanding, and the final take-away included a confident sense of myself and a well-rounded approach to life that have been priceless assets. I cannot recommend the college and its people highly enough.
- —Guest ET
Great Small School, and Mizzou is Nearby
- I am older than the others leaving comments. I graduated from Stephens in 1961, and what a blessing it was in my life. At Stephens you have the experience of attenting a small school, with personal attention, yet you also have the large college experience offered by the University of Missouri. When I was there I dated a football player from Mizzou, and had all the fun and excitement of the Big Eight football team. Very few schools can offer both venues. Thanks Stephens. I still miss you and the friends I made there…
Stephens Still Influences My Life
- As a young high school graduate from Sacramento, CA I never could have imagined the tremendous impact that Stephens College would have on me. What I learned at Stephens, both inside and outside the classroom, continue to influence my life daily. The foundation that Stephens provided me 28 years ago is as strong as ever. Stephens, dear Stephens, we hail to thee!
- —Guest Kristen
A Great Four Years
- I absolutely LOVED the four years I spent as a student at Stephens. I cannot begin to describe everything it did for me – not only did it give me some of the best friends I have ever and STILL have, but I received a wonderful vacation. It gave me confidence to think I could achieve anything. Miss my days there!
- —Guest Leslie
The Stephens College Experience
- Not only did my Stephens education provide me with solid core classes (focused often on women achievers in each field), Stephens also gave me a solid sense of self, and helped me form my identity as an adult woman. As an alumnae, whenever I meet another Stephens alum, no matter how old or young, there is a special sparkle in our eyes. Because, we know we’re sisters, we had an experience unlike any other, rich with traditions and history. “Networking” is a cold word, compared to what you get when you meet a fellow Stephens alum – she’ll help you succeed in whatever you do because your success is her success is Stephens’ success. You owe it to the woman you will become to check out Stephens today!
- —Guest Beth
Stephens is a Bargain
- Stephens is a bargain, and it develops women for being successful. It’s where my heart is . . . even after all these years!
- —Guest Nancy
Stephens College - So Much to Offer
- Oh, where to begin my kudos for Stephens College and the women that learn and grow there! I flourished there, both academically and personally, and my years at Stephens continue to positively influence my personal and professional life each and everyday, even some 20+ years later. Stephens has so much to offer students, amazing faculty and programs, a wonderful college town setting, and most of all its size allows students to branch out from their major into other academic and extracurricular experiences that build a well-rounded foundation for their future.
- —Guest Lollie
Stephens College Creates Leaders
- Stephens College made me the woman I am today. Without Stephens I would not be a well rounded successful business woman. Stephens was wonderful in creating leaders. The best thing about Stephens is the personal attention it gives to every single student. It is definitely not a college where you are just another face in the crowd. The professors are the best and truly care about their students' success.
- —Guest Tamara 'Laskowski' Freeman
Stephens - A Rare Gem
- Can’t say enough about the opportunities at Stephens College! From the education to the location and the socialization – have loved every minute of my journey as a Stephens Student and Alumnae. Put the mid-west on your radar and consider a Women’s College – Stephens is a rare gem of education, opportunity and support with a fabulous Alumni network!
- —Guest Kerith