From the article: Great Summer Engineering Programs for High School Students
Our short list of summer engineering programs represents just a tiny fraction of the options available to high school students with interests in math and science. If you know of another program that you think would provide high school students with valuable engineering experiences, please share your recommendations here. Submissions are welcome from students, parents, teachers and staff who have close knowledge of a summer engineering program. Tell Us About a Program
Engineering in the UK
- If you're thinking of going to University in the UK, Oxford Royale Academy run an Engineering Preparation programme designed to help you prepare your application. Web address is http://www.oxford-royale.co.uk/engineering-preparation-ages-16-18-oxford-summer-school
- —Guest Sam
Univ of MD College Park Engineering
- Www.engrscholarships.umd.edu/summer There are two 1 week choices. Great opportunity for 11th and 12th graders to learn about engineering.
Hands on Engineering Program
- BlueStamp Engineering (www.bluestampengineering.com) is a hands on, project based engineering program. The program emphasizes students building projects such as solar powered electronics, wind turbines, robotics, medical devices, etc. The program gets rid of the things students typically find uninteresting -- textbooks, lectures, tests, and homework. The program is very intense but what the student learn froms it, both about engineering and life is absolutely incomparable.
- —Guest Parent of an Aspiring Engineer
Summer Engineering camp at Notre Dame
- Could you include our "Introduction to Engineering Program" (IEP) in your list? The website is http://iep.nd.edu/ and our email is firstname.lastname@example.org thank you!
- —Guest Ramzi Bualuan
Michigan Summer Engineering Academy
- Residential 4 week camp for high schoolers of all ages, I believe rising seniors have the opportunity to get scholarships as well. Has courses on engineering as well as lessons on entrepreneurship and professional development. Best of all, it is extremely affordable, especially compared to other summer programs at similar institutions. Highly recommend! Website is: http://www.engin.umich.edu/diversity/programs/engineering-pipeline/2012-summer-engineering-academy
- —Guest Tom
Smith College SSEP for HS Girls
- The Smith Summer Science and Engineering Program (SSEP) is a four-week residential program for exceptional young women with strong interests in science, engineering and medicine. Each July, select high school students from across the country and abroad come to Smith College to do hands-on research with Smith faculty in the life and physical sciences and in engineering.
- —Guest Cheryl
Biomedical engineering at Columbia
- Columbia University has a summer camp for high school students thats specifically for biomedical engineering. It has a week of classes and labs about engineering and how it applies to biology and the biomedical engineering field. You have to have taken some science classes in biology and chemistry first, though.
- —Guest Paul
NC State engineering
- NC State Universitys engineering camp is another good one. I went to the day camp for freshman and sophmores but they have a residential camp for upperclassmen too. They had a lot of different engineering lessons and activities and it was good for starting to learn more about engineering.
- —Guest Ben