Is there another Catholic college or university that you think should be on the list? If so, share your opinion with other readers. Make Your Case
- Loyola University New Orleans has a great Student to Faculty ratio, graduation rate, retention rate, professors and grant endowment
- —Guest Lisa
St. Benedict/St. John's
- These two colleges, in central Minnesota, are unique. St. Ben's is a women's college, St. John's is a men's college, but they fully cooperate. Small colleges, rigorous academics, great DIII sports. The Benedictine character permeates both colleges. They're small, but impressive.
- —Guest Bennie
Top Catholic Universities
- Duquesne University not only embraces intellectual development and objective thinking, but spirituality, regardless of one's faith or creed is so evident. Duquesne does not advertise or have the sports that puts it in the limelight. Those of us fortunate graduates are forever indebted. There are others who express the desire to have been able to have spent four years at Duquesne.
- —Guest Margaret
CATHOLIC University (of America)!
- US News ranks it #119 in the nation. It's also the only "official" American college of the Catholic Church. Spiritually, it's not exactly Franciscan or Thomas Aquinas, but it definitely has a STRONG Catholic presence for those who want it. I've also heard Ave Maria is good, too... =)
- —Guest "Erasmus"
The Catholic University of America
- I've always believed CUA to be up there academically AND spiritually when it comes to education in accordance with Church teaching. It does have a papal charter too...
- —Guest "L.J. Tibbs"
Ave Maria, gratia plena!
- I am currently an undergraduate at Ave Maria University, and I can attest to the phenomenal academics, environment, and religious life available to the students there. I am majoring in Theology and Economics and getting a minor in Politics, and quite honestly, every single one of those programs is amazing. Ave Maria offers the highest quality of education possible without comprising any of its Catholic values. It has an excellent liberal arts education, teaching students how to think about anything and everything from every angle rather than simply teaching them how best to apply only what is pertinent to their major. Most importantly, Ave Maria upholds orthodox Catholic teaching every step of the way, providing outstanding academics in addition to sound spiritual formation. In sum, Ave Maria is definitely the best Catholic university in the country!
- —Guest Natalia
Saint Joseph's University
- -One of the oldest Jesuit universities -For the 2012 U.S. News and World Report rankings, in the Master's Universities (North) category, Saint Joseph's was ranked number 8 -Listed in Princeton Review's "Top 143 Schools" -The Corporation for National and Community Service placed Saint Joseph's University on the 2007 President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest honor a school can achieve for its commitment to service-learning and civic engagement
- —Guest Liz
- Niagara is a wonderful small, Catholic university in Western New York. Locally renowned for its Business and Nursing programs. Founded by the Vincentians in the 1800s, the importance of a strong moral code and responsibility for stewardship is stressed in all aspects of the curriculum. St Vincent De Paul's legacy lives on. Go Purple Eagles!!!
- —Guest Carol
University of Scranton
- A world class education in the Catholic Jesuit tradition. This University is growing while maintaining an excellent academic standard.
- —Guest Tim
- I recieved my undergraduate degree at Duquesne, and it was a wonderful experience. The university embraced and encouraged both intellectual and the spirtual side that lies in all of us. Also, it is the only Catholic Universtiy that I know of that has has a branch campus next to the Vatican, in Rome Italy. Great University and I feel blessed to of had the opportunity to attend and graduate from there. GO DUKES!
- —Guest Kevin
- According to US News and World, Duquesne University is a top tier university and in the top ten Catholic schools. Top-ranked schools of pharmacy, business and law.
- —Guest Lisa
- Franciscan University of Steubenville...hello? where is it???
- —Guest mgobluegrl93
Where is De Paul?
- The largest Catholic university in the country, and an enormous contributor to the business and cultural life of Chicago -- it's a great school!
- —Guest De Paul University in Chicago
University of San Francisco
- The University of San Francisco is a Tier 1 school.
- —Guest Robert
Saint Leo University
- A tier I regional university in the southern region. Small class sizes and robust satellite and online campus programs. One of the top education providers to military personnel. A strong NCAA Division II athletic program. The list can go on and on.
- —Guest Rod