Directions: select the answer that best completes the sentence.
The driver needs to ________ his anger before someone becomes a victim of road rage.
Discussion: This is a fairly straight-forward question that simply requires us to know the meanings of the word choices. Only lessening or controlling anger makes road rage less likely, so "ameliorate" is the best answer, choice (a).
- ameliorate - make better or more bearable; to improve
- embrace - welcome; to receive gladly
- escalate - increase; advance
- protract - continue; draw out or lengthen
- venerate - revere; worship