The Walter A. Haas Jr. Pavilion is home to UC Berkeley's men's and women's volleyball, gymnastics, and basketball teams. It is located between Edwards Stadium and the Playhouse. Built in 1933, the arena was first known as the Men's Gym, and then the Harmon Gym in 1959. From 1997 to 1999, the arena underwent heavy renovation following a $11 million donation from Walter A. Haas, Jr. of the Levi Strauss & Co.
Today, the arena has a seating capacity of 11,877--almost twice as large as the pre-1997 arena. Haas Pavilion features The Bench, a courtside section that can hold up to 900 student fans.