Temple University Description:
Admissions Data (2012):
- Percent of Applicants Admitted: 67%
- What Are Your Chances? (from Cappex.com)
- GPA, SAT and ACT graph for Temple
- Test Scores -- 25th / 75th Percentile
- Total Enrollment: 36,744 (27,567 undergraduates)
- Gender Breakdown: 49% Male / 51% Female
- 88% Full-time
Scholarships for Temple University (powered by Cappex.com)
Costs (2012 - 13):
- Tuition and Fees: $13,596 (in-state); $23,422 (out-of-state)
- Books: $1,000 (why so much?)
- Room and Board: $11,142
- Other Expenses: $4,237
- Total Cost: $29,975 (in-state); $39,801 (out-of-state)
Temple University Financial Aid (2011 - 12):
- Percentage of New Students Receiving Aid: 88%
- Percentage of New Students Receiving Types of Aid
- Grants: 78%
- Loans: 69%
- Average Amount of Aid
- Grants: $7,322
- Loans: $8,162
Most Popular Majors:
Graduation and Retention Rates:
- First Year Student Retention (full-time students): 87%
- 4-Year Graduation Rate: 36%
- 6-Year Graduation Rate: 66%
Temple University Mission Statement:
"Temple University is a national center of excellence in teaching and research with an international presence.
Our talented faculty and broad curriculum of nearly 300 academic programs provide superior educational opportunities for academically talented and highly motivated students, without regard to their status or station in life. Temple’s richly diverse student population and the dramatic growth of our residential campus community of student scholars enrich the educational and extracurricular life of our people.
While the University especially serves students from Greater Philadelphia, it is enlivened by a rapidly increasing number of students from across Pennsylvania, throughout the nation, and around the world.We maintain an international presence with campuses in Tokyo and Rome and programs in London, Beijing, and six other locations worldwide.
A long-time leader in professional education, Temple prepares the largest body of practitioners in Pennsylvania; we are among the nation’s largest educators in the combined fields of medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, podiatry and law.
In addition, we offer more than four dozen doctoral and more than 100 master’s degree programs that contribute to research and scholarship. Temple seeks to create new knowledge that improves the human condition and uplifts the human spirit.To achieve this goal, we maintain our commitment to recruiting, retaining, and supporting outstanding faculty that prize diversity of thought, excel in scholarly endeavors, and support the aspirations of capable students."