Naropa University Description:
Admissions Data (2012):
- Percent of Applicants Admitted: 83%
- What Are Your Chances? (from Cappex.com)
- High School GPA (25th / 75th percentile): 2.58 / 3.54
- Naropa has test-optional admissions; for those students who did submit scores, the average ACT composite score was 25 and the average SAT score was 1756.
- Test Scores -- 25th / 75th Percentile
- Total Enrollment: 1,019 (402 undergraduates)
- Gender Breakdown: 39% Male / 61% Female
- 90% Full-time
Costs (2012 - 13):
- Tuition and Fees: $27,670
- Books: $1,200 (why so much?)
- Room and Board: $8,722
- Other Expenses: $4,975
- Total Cost: $42,567
Naropa University Financial Aid (2011 - 12):
- Percentage of New Students Receiving Aid: 85%
- Percentage of New Students Receiving Types of Aid
- Grants: 79%
- Loans: 83%
- Average Amount of Aid
- Grants: $12,700
- Loans: $7,210
Scholarships for Naropa University (powered by Cappex.com)
Most Popular Majors:
Retention and Graduation Rates:
- First Year Student Retention (full-time students): 51%
- 4-Year Graduation Rate: 18%
- 6-Year Graduation Rate: 27%
Profiles of Other Colorado CollegesAdams State | Air Force Academy | Colorado Christian | Colorado College | Colorado Mesa | Colorado School of Mines | Colorado State | CSU Pueblo | Fort Lewis | Johnson & Wales | Metro State | Regis | University of Colorado | UC Colorado Springs  | UC Denver | University of Denver | University of Northern Colorado | Western State
Naropa University Mission Statement:
"Inspired by the rich intellectual and experiential traditions of East and West, Naropa University is North America's leading institution of contemplative education.
Naropa recognizes the inherent goodness and wisdom of each human being. It educates the whole person, cultivating academic excellence and contemplative insight in order to infuse knowledge with wisdom. The university nurtures in its students a lifelong joy in learning, a critical intellect, the sense of purpose that accompanies compassionate service to the world, and the openness and equanimity that arise from authentic insight and self-understanding. Ultimately, Naropa students explore the inner resources needed to engage courageously with a complex and challenging world, to help transform that world through skill and compassion, and to attain deeper levels of happiness and meaning in their lives.
Drawing on the vital insights of the world's wisdom traditions, the university is simultaneously Buddhist-inspired, ecumenical and nonsectarian. Naropa values ethnic and cultural differences for their essential role in education. It embraces the richness of human diversity with the aim of fostering a more just and equitable society and an expanded awareness of our common humanity.
A Naropa education--reflecting the interplay of discipline and delight--prepares its graduates both to meet the world as it is and to change it for the better."