Murray State University Description:
Admissions Data (2012):
- Percent of Applicants Admitted: 83%
- What Are Your Chances? (from Cappex.com)
- Test Scores -- 25th / 75th Percentile
- SAT Critical Reading: 395 / 548
- SAT Math: 440 / 573
- SAT Writing: - / -
- ACT Composite: 19 / 25
- ACT English: 19 / 26
- ACT Math: 17 / 24
- Total Enrollment: 10,623 (8,664 undergraduates)
- Gender Breakdown: 41% Male / 59% Female
- 79% Full-time
Costs (2012 - 13):
- Tuition and Fees: $6,840 (in-state); $18,600 (out-of-state)
- Books: $1,285 (why so much?)
- Room and Board: $7,384
- Other Expenses: $2,774
- Total Cost: $18,283 (in-state); $30,043 (out-of-state)
Murray State University Financial Aid (2010 - 11):
- Percentage of Students Receiving Aid: 98%
- Murray State Scholarships (Cappex.com)
- Percentage of Students Receiving Types of Aid
- Grants: 97%
- Loans: 56%
- Average Amount of Aid
- Grants: $7,896
- Loans: $6,623
Most Popular Majors:
Retention and Graduation Rates:
- First Year Student Retention (full-time students): 72%
- 4-Year Graduation Rate: 37%
- 6-Year Graduation Rate: 52%
Murray State University Mission Statement:
"Murray State University serves as a nationally recognized residential comprehensive university, offering high-quality baccalaureate and master's degree programs. Academic programs are offered in the core areas of arts and sciences, agriculture, business, health and human services, teacher education, communications, engineering, and applied technologies. Teaching, research, and service excellence are core values and guiding principles that promote economic development and the well-being of the citizens of the Commonwealth of Kentucky and the region.
Murray State University places a high premium on academic outreach, collaborative relationships with alumni, the public schools, business and industry, governmental agencies, and other colleges and universities at home and abroad.
Murray State University prepares graduates to function in a culturally diverse, technologically oriented society and increasingly interdependent world. The university is committed to international education as an integral dimension of the university experience.
Murray State University emphasizes student-centered learning and educational experiences that include first year experience, the honors program, internships, study-abroad programs, service learning, research and creative projects, residential colleges, and student organizations.
In sum, Murray State University fosters an exciting and challenging learning environment."