Grand View University Description:
Grand View is a private liberal arts university located in Des Moines, Iowa. The university is affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and is devoted to educating the whole student -- mind, body and spirit. Students come from 30 states and 11 countries, and the school caters to both traditional undergraduates and adult students. Students can choose from 38 majors and 29 minors. The curriculum has a liberal arts foundation but is very much career focused. Professional fields such as nursing, education and business are among the most popular. Students will get to know their professors well, for academics are supported by a 14 to 1 student / faculty ratio and an average class size of 17. In athletics, the Grand View University Vikings compete in the NAIA Midwest Collegiate Conference for most sports. The college fields eleven men's and eleven women's intercollegiate sports.
Admissions Data (2013):
- Percent of Applicants Admitted: 95%
- What Are Your Chances? (from Cappex.com)
- Test Scores -- 25th / 75th Percentile
- Total Enrollment: 2,234 (2,197 undergraduates)
- Gender Breakdown: 41% Male / 59% Female
- 81% Full-time
Costs (2013 - 14):
- Tuition and Fees: $22,628
- Books: $900 (why so much?)
- Room and Board: $7,264
- Other Expenses: $2,824
- Total Cost: $33,616
Grand View University Financial Aid (2012 - 13):
- Percentage of New Students Receiving Aid: 100%
- Percentage of New Students Receiving Types of Aid
- Grants: 100%
- Loans: 81%
- Average Amount of Aid
- Grants: $13,313
- Loans: $7,262
Scholarships for Grand View University (powered by Cappex.com)
- Merit aid scholarships available at Grand View University
- Get matched with private scholarships to help pay for Grand View University
Most Popular Majors:
Biology, Business, Criminal Justice, Elementary Education, Graphic Design, Liberal Arts, Nursing, Psychology
Transfer, Retention and Graduation Rates:
- First Year Student Retention (full-time students): 73%
- 4-Year Graduation Rate: 28%
- 6-Year Graduation Rate: 48%
National Center for Educational Statistics
Grand View University Mission Statement:
mission statement from http://www.grandview.edu/aspx/audience/content.aspx?aid=0&pageid=23
"Grand View engages, equips, and empowers students to fulfill their individual potential and serve society. Committed to the development of the whole person - mind, body and spirit - and to preparing students for successful careers and responsible citizenship both in their communities and in a diverse and changing world, Grand View offers a liberal arts education that:
- Challenges students to inquire with a disciplined and critical mind, communicate effectively, and display an awareness of the global issues that affect us all.
- Creates a community of learners where differing perspectives are welcome, where friendly interaction is the norm, and where intellectual and personal integrity is expected and modeled.
- Offers a supportive environment where students can engage in community with others, discern life purpose, and grow in leadership.
- Affirms Christian faith and ethics as a vision for life, a vision that enhances our respect for the diversity and dignity of all people, for relating to others, and for the pursuit of lifelong learning.
Informed by its Danish Lutheran heritage, Grand View is a School for Life."