Grand View University Description:
Admissions Data (2012):
- Percent of Applicants Admitted: 92%
- What Are Your Chances? (from Cappex.com)
- Test Scores -- 25th / 75th Percentile
- Total Enrollment: 2,229 (2,195 undergraduates)
- Gender Breakdown: 40% Male / 60% Female
- 82% Full-time
Costs (2012 - 13):
- Tuition and Fees: $21,826
- Books: $900 (why so much?)
- Room and Board: $7,264
- Other Expenses: $2,752
- Total Cost: $32,742
Grand View University Financial Aid (2010 - 11):
- Percentage of New Students Receiving Aid: 100%
- Percentage of New Students Receiving Types of Aid
- Grants: 100%
- Loans: 86%
- Average Amount of Aid
- Grants: $12,655
- Loans: $7,150
Scholarships for Grand View University (powered by Cappex.com)
Most Popular Majors:
Transfer, Retention and Graduation Rates:
- First Year Student Retention (full-time students): 64%
- Transfer Out Rate: 31%
- 4-Year Graduation Rate: 23%
- 6-Year Graduation Rate: 41%
Grand View University Mission Statement:
"Grand View engages, equips, and empowers students to fulfill their individual potential and serve society. Committed to the development of the whole person - mind, body and spirit - and to preparing students for successful careers and responsible citizenship both in their communities and in a diverse and changing world, Grand View offers a liberal arts education that:
- Challenges students to inquire with a disciplined and critical mind, communicate effectively, and display an awareness of the global issues that affect us all.
- Creates a community of learners where differing perspectives are welcome, where friendly interaction is the norm, and where intellectual and personal integrity is expected and modeled.
- Offers a supportive environment where students can engage in community with others, discern life purpose, and grow in leadership.
- Affirms Christian faith and ethics as a vision for life, a vision that enhances our respect for the diversity and dignity of all people, for relating to others, and for the pursuit of lifelong learning.
Informed by its Danish Lutheran heritage, Grand View is a School for Life."