Flagler College Description:
Admissions Data (2012):
- Percent of Applicants Admitted: 41%
- GPA, SAT and ACT graph for Flagler
- What Are Your Chances? (from Cappex.com)
- Test Scores -- 25th / 75th Percentile
- Total Enrollment: 2,878 (all undergraduate)
- Gender Breakdown: 41% Male / 59% Female
- 97% Full-time
Costs (2012 - 13):
- Tuition and Fees: $15,340
- Books: $1,000 (why so much?)
- Room and Board: $8,350
- Other Expenses: $3,900
- Total Cost: $28,590
Flagler College Financial Aid (2010 - 11):
- Percentage of New Students Receiving Aid: 88%
- Flagler Scholarships (Cappex.com)
- Percentage of New Students Receiving Types of Aid
- Grants: 80%
- Loans: 62%
- Average Amount of Aid
- Grants: $7,509
- Loans: $6,365
Most Popular Majors:
Transfer, Graduation and Retention Rates:
- First Year Student Retention (full-time students): 77%
- Transfer Out Rate: 35%
- 4-Year Graduation Rate: 47%
- 6-Year Graduation Rate: 60%
Admissions Information for Other Florida Colleges and Universities:
Flagler College Statement of Purpose:
"The aim of Flagler College is to provide a supportive and challenging environment in which students acquire knowledge, exercise good citizenship, and adhere to high ethical standards.
The principal focus of the College's academic program is undergraduate education in selected liberal and pre-professional studies; thus, the role of teaching is central to the College's mission.
The purposes of the academic program are to provide opportunities for general and specialized learning; to assist students in preparing for careers; and to aid qualified students in pursuing graduate and professional studies.
The objectives of the student life program at Flagler are to establish appropriate standards of conduct and to promote activities that will contribute to the development of self‑discipline, integrity, and leadership.
Flagler College was established as a memorial to Henry M. Flagler. The Hotel Ponce de Leon, built by Mr. Flagler, serves as a reminder of his enterprise, diligence, and commitment to high standards. The College is pledged to the preservation and use of this facility and other historic and architecturally unique campus structures."