Eastern Connecticut State University Description:
Admissions Data (2012):
- Percent of Applicants Admitted: 67%
- What Are Your Chances? (from Cappex.com)
- Test Scores -- 25th / 75th Percentile
- Total Enrollment: 5,440 (5,258 undergraduates)
- Gender Breakdown: 46% Male / 54% Female
- 84% Full-time
Costs (2012 - 13):
- Tuition and Fees: $8,91 (in-state); $19,943 (out-of-state)
- Books: $1,000 (why so much?)
- Room and Board: $10,634
- Other Expenses: $2,850
- Total Cost: $23,395 (in-state); $34,427 (out-of-state)
Eastern Connecticut State University Financial Aid (2011 - 12):
- Percentage of New Students Receiving Aid: 83%
- Eastern Connecticut State Scholarships (Cappex.com)
- Percentage of New Students Receiving Types of Aid
- Grants: 53%
- Loans: 74%
- Average Amount of Aid
- Grants: $6,322
- Loans: $7,328
Most Popular Majors:
Graduation and Retention Rates:
- First Year Student Retention (full-time students): 76%
- 4-Year Graduation Rate: 35%
- 6-Year Graduation Rate: 53%
Eastern Connecticut State University Mission Statement:
"Eastern Connecticut State University is the state's designated public liberal arts college. Within the Connecticut State University System, Eastern, a predominantly undergraduate institution, attracts and welcomes a diverse community of learners, supported by a teaching faculty, staff, administrators, and a residential campus, all of which promote intellectual curiosity, integrity, and social responsibility.
Eastern's commitment to a liberal arts education is exemplified in its Liberal Arts Core Curriculum, a sequenced, interdisciplinary program that all students share, independent of their majors and career aspirations. As a result of this foundation, our students apply a broad range of theoretical approaches in a variety of active learning settings to cultivate the knowledge, skills, and perspectives necessary to prepare them for their personal, professional, and public roles.
In its role as a public university, Eastern develops students who can become productive, engaged community leaders. Eastern also serves as a social, cultural, and economic catalyst for the region and the state of Connecticut.
Eastern's programs in the arts and sciences, teacher education and professional studies prepare students for careers or advanced study while providing them with the lifelong skills and confidence needed to succeed in a world of constant economic, social, and technological change."