Creighton University Description:
Admissions Data (2012):
- Percent of Applicants Admitted: 78%
- GPA, SAT and ACT graph for Creighton
- What Are Your Chances? (from Cappex.com)
- Test Scores -- 25th / 75th Percentile
- SAT Critical Reading: 530 / 630
- SAT Math: 540 / 660
- SAT Writing: 520 / 630
- ACT Composite: 24 / 29
- ACT English: 23 / 30
- ACT Math: 24 / 29
- ACT Writing: 7 / 9
- Total Enrollment: 7,736 (4,032 undergraduates)
- Gender Breakdown: 41% Male / 59% Female
- 95% Full-time
Costs (2012 - 13):
- Tuition and Fees: $33,330
- Books: $1,200 (why so much?)
- Room and Board: $9,446
- Other Expenses: $2,800
- Total Cost: $46,776
Creighton University Financial Aid (2011 - 12):
- Percentage of New Students Receiving Aid: 94%
- Percentage of New Students Receiving Types of Aid
- Grants: 91%
- Loans: 57%
- Average Amount of Aid
- Grants: $18,306
- Loans: $7,916
Scholarships for Creighton (powered by Cappex.com)
Most Popular Majors:
Retention and Graduation Rates:
- First Year Student Retention (full-time students): 90%
- 4-Year Graduation Rate: 68%
- 6-Year Graduation Rate: 75%
Creighton University Mission Statement:
"Creighton is a Catholic and Jesuit comprehensive university committed to excellence in its selected undergraduate, graduate and professional programs. As Catholic, Creighton is dedicated to the pursuit of truth in all its forms and is guided by the living tradition of the Catholic Church.
As Jesuit, Creighton participates in the tradition of the Society of Jesus which provides an integrating vision of the world that arises out of a knowledge and love of Jesus Christ.
As comprehensive, Creighton's education embraces several colleges and professional schools and is directed to the intellectual, social, spiritual, physical and recreational aspects of students' lives and to the promotion of justice.
Creighton exists for students and learning. Members of the Creighton community are challenged to reflect on transcendent values, including their relationship with God, in an atmosphere of freedom of inquiry, belief and religious worship.
Service to others, the importance of family life, the inalienable worth of each individual, and appreciation of ethnic and cultural diversity are core values of Creighton.
Creighton faculty members conduct research to enhance teaching, to contribute to the betterment of society, and to discover new knowledge. Faculty and staff stimulate critical and creative thinking and provide ethical perspectives for dealing with an increasingly complex world."