Clayton State University Description:
Clayton State University is a four-year public university located in Morrow, Georgia, about 15 miles from Atlanta. Clayton State's roughly 7,000 students can choose from eight master’s degree programs and 40 baccalaureate majors offered through the colleges of Arts and Sciences, Business, Health, and Information and Mathematical Sciences, as well as the School of Graduate Studies. Clayton State was the third public institution that requried every student to have access to a notebook computer, making it one of the “Notebook Universities.” On the student life front, Clayton State is home to a host of student clubs and organizations, intramural athletics, and fraternities and sororities. The Clayton State Lakers field 12 intercollegiate sports and compete in the NCAA Division II Peach Belt Conference (PBC); their women’s basketball team holds a NCAA Division II National Championship.
Admissions Data (2013):
- Percent of Applicants Admitted: 48%
- What Are Your Chances? (from Cappex.com)
- Test Scores -- 25th / 75th Percentile
- Total Enrollment: 6,860 (6,561 undergraduates)
- Gender Breakdown: 29% Male / 71% Female
- 58% Full-time
Costs (2013 - 14):
- Tuition and Fees: $5,153 (in-state); $14,915 (out-of-state)
- Books: $1,600 (why so much?)
- Room and Board: $9,577
- Other Expenses: $2,500
- Total Cost: $18,830 (in-state); $28,592 (out-of-state)
Clayton State University Financial Aid (2011 - 12):
- Percentage of New Students Receiving Aid: 94%
- Percentage of New Students Receiving Types of Aid
- Grants: 88%
- Loans: 74%
- Average Amount of Aid
- Grants: $6,258
- Loans: $6,965
Scholarships for Clayton State (powered by Cappex.com)
- Merit aid scholarships available at Clayton State
- Get matched with private scholarships to help pay for Clayton State
Most Popular Majors:
Accounting, Biology, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Health Care Management, Liberal Studies, Management, Middle Level Education, Nursing, Psychology and Human Services
Transfer, Graduation and Retention Rates:
- First Year Student Retention (full-time students): 67%
- Transfer Out Rate: 27%
- 4-Year Graduation Rate: 7%
- 6-Year Graduation Rate: 27%
National Center for Educational Statistics
Clayton State University Mission Statement:
mission statement from http://www.clayton.edu/about/university/mission
"Clayton State University cultivates an environment of engaged, experienced-based learning, enriched by active community service, that prepares students of diverse ages and backgrounds to succeed in their lives and careers.
Through a distinctive combination of proven and innovative methods of teaching and learning, Clayton State University will excel in preparing students from many walks of life to meet the challenges of living and working in a dynamic, global society.
Clayton State University is committed to:
- Creating an outstanding educational experience that stimulates intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and innovation.
- Engendering a spirit of openness, understanding, collaboration, and mutual respect throughout the University.
- Fostering learning that engages students, faculty, staff, alumni, and the greater community.
- Expanding and allocating resources strategically according to Mission and Values, to support overall institutional effectiveness.
- Providing an inviting and supportive campus community for faculty, staff, and students.
- Repositioning Clayton State University in the higher education marketplace and beyond."