Anna Maria College Description:
Admissions Data (2012):
- Percent of Applicants Admitted: 68%
- What Are Your Chances? (from Cappex.com)
- Test Scores -- 25th / 75th Percentile
- Total Enrollment: 1,442 (1,017 undergraduates)
- Gender Breakdown: 49% Male / 51% Female
- 79% Full-time
Costs (2012 - 13):
- Tuition and Fees: $30,676
- Books: $1,000 (why so much?)
- Room and Board: $11,450
- Other Expenses: $1,266
- Total Cost: $44,392
Anna Maria College Financial Aid (2010 - 11):
- Percentage of New Students Receiving Aid: 99%
- Percentage of New Students Receiving Types of Aid
- Grants: 99%
- Loans: 99%
- Average Amount of Aid
- Grants: $16,190
- Loans: $8,395
Most Popular Majors:
Graduation and Retention Rates:
- First Year Student Retention (full-time students): 61%
- 4-Year Graduation Rate: 37%
- 6-Year Graduation Rate: 49%
Anna Maria College Mission Statement:
"Anna Maria College, a Catholic institution of higher learning, recognizes its obligation to serve its immediate community, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the nation and the world through the provision of education, the preservation of learning, and the sponsorship of research.
Rooted in the Roman Catholic tradition of higher education, Anna Maria College is maintained and operated in conformity with the values of the Judeo-Christian tradition and in keeping with the ideals of its foundresses, the Sisters of Saint Anne. These ideals, which reflect the development of the total human being, also include increasing access to quality education, educational innovation and respect for practical skills.
Specifically, Anna Maria College sees its mission to be that of fostering in its students intellectual involvement, career preparation, social awareness, dedication to justice and peace, religious and moral sensitivity, and a lifestyle capable of sustaining these within balance.
In addition, the College is committed to nurturing the development of a sense of respect for oneself and for others, as well as a sense of responsibility to society and the world."