Ohio State University Description:
Admissions Data (2012):
- Percent of Applicants Admitted: 64%
- GPA, ACT and SAT graph for OSU
- What Are Your Chances? (from Cappex.com)
- Test Scores -- 25th / 75th Percentile
- SAT Critical Reading: 540 / 650
- SAT Math: 610 / 710
- SAT Writing: 550 / 650
- ACT Composite: 26 / 30
- ACT English: 25 / 32
- ACT Math: 26 / 31
- ACT Writing: 7 / 8
- Total Enrollment: 56,387 (43,058 undergraduates)
- Gender Breakdown: 53% Male / 47% Female
- 90% Full-time
Scholarships for Ohio State (powered by Cappex.com)
Costs (2012 - 13):
- Tuition and Fees: $10,037 (in-state); $25,445 (out-of-state)
- Books: $1,248
- Room and Board: $11,182
- Other Expenses: $2,452
- Total Cost: $24,919 (in-state); $40,327 (out-of-state)
Ohio State University Financial Aid (2011 - 12):
- Percentage of New Students Receiving Aid: 84%
- Percentage of New Students Receiving Types of Aid
- Grants: 73%
- Loans: 48%
- Average Amount of Aid
- Grants: $7,904
- Loans: $7,034
Most Popular Majors:
Graduation and Retention Rates:
- First Year Student Retention (full-time students): 92%
- 4-Year Graduation Rate: 53%
- 6-Year Graduation Rate: 82%
Ohio State University Vision Statement:
To advance the well-being of the people of Ohio and the global community through the creation and dissemination of knowledge.
- Pursue knowledge for its own sake.
- Ignite in our students a lifelong love of learning.
- Produce discoveries that make the world a better place.
- Celebrate and learn from our diversity.
- Open the world to our students.
The Ohio State University will be among the world's truly great universities.
Complete vision statement at http://www.osu.edu/academicplan/vision.php