Case Western Reserve Description:
Located in Cleveland, Ohio, Case Western Reserve University is frequently ranked among the top 50 universities in the country, both for engineering and for comprehensive national universities. The university is made up of the Case Institute of Technology and Western Reserve University. Combined, Case Western boasts of a curriculum that combines arts and humanities with science and technology. Indeed, Case Western combines highly-ranked programs in business, medicine, nursing, and biomedical engineering with programs drawing on nearby museums and the Cleveland Institutes of Art and Music. Case is a member of the AAU.
Admissions Data (2013):
- Percent of Applicants Admitted: 42%
- GPA, SAT and ACT graph for Case Western
- What Are Your Chances? (from Cappex.com)
- Test Scores -- 25th / 75th Percentile
- Total Enrollment: 10,026 (4,386 undergraduates)
- Gender Breakdown: 56% Male / 44% Female
- 97% Full-time
Costs (2013 - 14):
- Tuition and Fees: $41,800
- Books: $1,200
- Room and Board: $12,898
- Other Expenses: $1,900
- Total Cost: $57,798
Case Western Reserve Financial Aid (2011 - 12):
- Percentage of Students Receiving Aid: 83%
- Percentage of Students Receiving Types of Aid
- Grants: 80%
- Loans: 63%
- Average Amount of Aid
- Grants: $26,136
- Loans: $6,727
Scholarships for Case Western (powered by Cappex.com)
- Merit aid scholarships available at Case Western
- Get matched with private scholarships to help pay for Case Western
Most Popular Majors:
Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Chemistry, Management, Mechanical Engineering, Nursing, Psychology
Graduation and Retention Rates:
- First Year Student Retention (full-time students): 92%
- 4-Year Graduation Rate: 63%
- 6-Year Graduation Rate: 78%
National Center for Educational Statistics
Case Western and the Common ApplicationCase Western Reserve University uses the Common Application. These articles can help guide you:
- Common Application essay tips and samples
- Short answer tips and samples
- Supplemental essay tips and samples
Case Western Reserve Mission Statement:
complete mission and vision can be found at http://www.case.edu/menu/president/vision.htm "We seek to have transformational impact on all who teach, learn, discover and work here so they are prepared and engaged to serve humanity. As a great research university, we must embrace responsible risk-taking in pursuit of bold aspirations for national and global leadership.
- We combine experiential learning with rigorous scholarship in our undergraduate and all educational programs to produce educated learners who are awake to new possibilities.
- We invest in the arts, humanities, and social sciences as important areas of scholarship and as an essential foundation for preparing morally and socially responsible life-long learners.
- We build on our existing strengths, including engineering, biomedical sciences, and professional education, and pursue productive partnerships with other outstanding institutions.
- We are guided by our values at every level to promote a diverse, challenging, supportive, entrepreneurial, and interdisciplinary environment of openness, respect, accountability, and academic freedom."