Question: What if I don’t like my roommate?
Answer: College isn’t just about the academic work. It’s also about learning to work out issues with people who are different than you. You may find your greatest challenge your first year is not calculus, but your roommate. Talk to your RA if you’re having serious difficulties, and remember that the only way to solve conflicts is to confront them openly and honestly. Also, realize that the situation won’t last forever -- after your first year of college, you’ll be able to choose your roommate.
- Do I have to live on campus my first year of college?
- What are the advantages of living off campus?
- What are the advantages of living on campus?
- My parents want to sign me up for a “quiet” residence hall. Is that a good idea?
- My dorm room is tiny and I have to share it. Why does it cost so much?
- What if I don’t like my roommate?
- I have the opportunity to rush a fraternity or sorority my first year. Should I?