How Do You Measure Up at the University of Florida?
Calculate Your Chances of Getting In with this free tool from Cappex.
Discussion of Florida's Admissions Standards:
The University of Florida in Gainesville is a selective public university where fewer than half of all applicants get accepted. Nearly all successful applicants have above average grades and standardized test scores. In the graph above, the blue and green dots represent accepted students. The majority of students who got in had a high school GPA of 3.5 or higher, SAT scores (M+CR+W) of 1650 or higher, and ACT composite scores over 22. The higher those numbers are, the more likely a student is to be accepted. As you can see in the middle of the graph, there's a lot of red (rejected students) hidden behind the blue and green.
Note that a few students were accepted with test scores and grades a bit below the norm. The University of Florida has holistic admissions, so the admissions officers are evaluating students based on more than numerical data. To quote from the UF website: "Admissions is more art than science. The admissions process is designed to consider all aspects of an applicant’s academic record and personal experiences, and is not intended to admit applicants solely on the basis of grade point averages and test scores." In other words, students who show some kind of special talent or have an interesting story to tell will often get a close look even if grades and test scores aren't quite up to the ideal. A winning essay, strong letters of recommendation, and interesting extracurricular activities can mean the difference between an acceptance and a rejection.
To learn more about the University of Florida, high school GPAs, SAT scores and ACT scores, these articles can help:
- University of Florida Admissions Profile
- What's a Good SAT Score?
- What's a Good ACT Score?
- What's Considered a Good Academic Record?
- What is a Weighted GPA?
Articles Featuring the University of Florida:
- University of Florida Photo Tour
- Top Southeastern Colleges
- Top Florida Colleges
- Southeastern Conference (SEC)
- Phi Beta Kappa
If You Like the University of Florida, You May Also Like These Universities:
- University of Miami: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
- Florida State University: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
- Duke University: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
- University of Central Florida: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
- Auburn University: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
- UNC Chapel Hill: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
- New York University: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
- Florida International University: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
- University of Alabama: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
- Georgia Tech: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
- UCLA: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
- Clemson University: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph