The Princeton Review in partnership with GamePro Media just released a list of the top colleges in the country for studying video game design. Different schools approach the field differently, but in general it is an interdisciplinary major that involves elements of computer programming, graphic design, and even storytelling, along with a lot of challenges that come with organizing, managing, and contributing to a team effort.
According to Princeton Review's press release, the top schools were chosen based on the "quality of the curriculum, faculty, facilities and infrastructure" as well as "their scholarships, financial aid and career opportunities."
The top 10 schools for undergraduate study in video game design were:
- University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA)
- University of Utah (Salt Lake City, UT)
- DigiPen Institute of Technology (Redmond, WA)
- The Art Institute of Vancouver (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
- Michigan State University (East Lansing, MI)
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute (Worcester, MA)
- Drexel University (Philadelphia, PA)
- Champlain College (Burlington, VT)
- Rochester Institute of Technology (Rochester, NY)
- Becker College (Worcester, MA)